Cutless QuickStop is a foliar landscape plant growth regulator that reduces trimming requirements 30-70% and improves aesthetic appeal of landscapes. Cutless QuickStop works rapidly to suppress terminal growth in established ornamental plants, leading to more compact growth that requires less trimming. Additionally, treated plants will demonstrate darker green foliage. Cutless QuickStop saves labor and beautifies landscapes.
Immediate reduction in trimming labor
Effective on a wide range of species ensures consistent regulation across your landscape
Several months of regulation means fewer applications for better results
Save 30 - 70% on trimming labor
Low phytotoxicity potential—you don’t have to sacrifice plant appearance
No unsightly residue following application
Cutless QuickStop is a foliar landscape plant growth regulator that suppresses terminal growth in established woody ornamental plants and perennial ground covers. Treated plants require less trimming and exhibit a more compact growth form. Proper site selection, product application, and rate selection will reduce labor costs and improve plant appearance.
- Plant material should be growing and healthy before application.
- Plant material that requires frequent pruning, highly detailed trimming, or is located in a diﬃcult to access or potentially hazardous area provides the best opportunity for labor savings and tangible beneﬁts.
- Use caution when treating flowering plants. Conduct a small-scale test to ensure safety.
- Visible effects of regulation will vary by species and location. A response can be seen in most species within 1 to 2 weeks after treatment.
- Duration of growth suppression will vary depending upon plant species rate, and trimming schedule.
- Cutless QuickStop will be most effective when applied to new growth, including young foliage and non-woody stems.
- Regulated plants will continue to grow, although at a much slower rate.
- Species will exhibit darker green foliage.
- Even coverage is important for consistent regulation. If applied unevenly, non-uniform regulation can be expected.
- Trimming schedule must be significantly reduced to realize labor savings. Often only hand shears are needed to remove ‘whips’—axillary buds or root suckers that have escaped regulation.
- Determine the total volume of mixed solution to apply based on the total surface area of plant material—1 gallon of mixed solution will treat 300 - 600 ft2 of plant surface area.
• Fill spray tank to ½ the final volume with clean water.
- Add the correct amount of Cutless QuickStop to the spray tank.
- Fill spray tank to final volume with clean water.
- If backpack equipment is used, shake the spray tank to ensure thorough mixing and repeat every few minutes while applying to maintain a uniform solution mixture. If power equipment is used, agitate continuously.
Application Timing and Methods
- For best results apply Cutless QuickStop immediately after trimming and at least 2 hours before rainfall or irrigation.
- Apply spray uniformly over plant foliage and stems to the point of but before solution excessively dripping from the plant.
- Use low pressure and coarse spray to prevent drift to non-target plants.
- Trimming after applications have been made will significantly reduce the amount and duration of growth regulation observed.
- To avoid over-application, make repeat applications only after growth regulation begins to decline from the desired level.
- The rates listed below are guidelines. Plant response to Cutless QuickStop is dependent on species and location.