Cutless QuickStop™ is a foliar landscape plant growth regulator that reduces trimming requirements 30-70% and improves the aesthetic appeal of landscapes. Cutless QuickStop™ works rapidly to suppress terminal growth in established ornamental plants, leading to more compact growth that requires less trimming. Additionally, treated plants will demonstrate darker green foliage. Cutless QuickStop™ saves labor and beautifies landscapes.
To purchase Cutless QuickStop™, contact your SePRO Technical Specialist.
Immediate reduction in trimming labor
Effective on a wide range of species ensures consistent regulation across your landscape
Several months of regulation means fewer applications for better results
Save 30 - 70% on trimming labor
Low phytotoxicity potential—you don’t have to sacrifice plant appearance
No unsightly residue following application
Cutless QuickStop is a foliar landscape plant growth regulator that suppresses terminal growth in established woody ornamental plants and perennial ground covers. Treated plants require less trimming and exhibit a more compact growth form. Proper site selection, product application, and rate selection will reduce labor costs and improve plant appearance.
- Plant material should be growing and healthy before application.
- Plant material that requires frequent pruning, highly detailed trimming, or is located in a diﬃcult to access or potentially hazardous area provides the best opportunity for labor savings and tangible beneﬁts.
- Use caution when treating flowering plants. Conduct a small-scale test to ensure safety.
- Visible effects of regulation will vary by species and location. A response can be seen in most species within 1 to 2 weeks after treatment.
- Duration of growth suppression will vary depending upon plant species rate, and trimming schedule.
- Cutless QuickStop will be most effective when applied to new growth, including young foliage and non-woody stems.
- Regulated plants will continue to grow, although at a much slower rate.
- Species will exhibit darker green foliage.
- Even coverage is important for consistent regulation. If applied unevenly, non-uniform regulation can be expected.
- Trimming schedule must be significantly reduced to realize labor savings. Often only hand shears are needed to remove ‘whips’—axillary buds or root suckers that have escaped regulation.
- Determine the total volume of mixed solution to apply based on the total surface area of plant material—1 gallon of mixed solution will treat 300 - 600 ft2 of plant surface area.
• Fill spray tank to ½ the final volume with clean water.
- Add the correct amount of Cutless QuickStop to the spray tank.
- Fill spray tank to final volume with clean water.
- If backpack equipment is used, shake the spray tank to ensure thorough mixing and repeat every few minutes while applying to maintain a uniform solution mixture. If power equipment is used, agitate continuously.
Application Timing and Methods
- For best results apply Cutless QuickStop immediately after trimming and at least 2 hours before rainfall or irrigation.
- Apply spray uniformly over plant foliage and stems to the point of but before solution excessively dripping from the plant.
- Use low pressure and coarse spray to prevent drift to non-target plants.
- Trimming after applications have been made will significantly reduce the amount and duration of growth regulation observed.
- To avoid over-application, make repeat applications only after growth regulation begins to decline from the desired level.
- The rates listed below are guidelines. Plant response to Cutless QuickStop is dependent on species and location.